mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BOGO FREE REVLON

yet another post on a mini drugstore haul... thank goodness for buy one get one sale!! heehee....

well, I actually went to CVS today just to return the L'Oreal H.I.P. cream shadow paint (see BOGO GRATIS post on 3/2/09)... yeah, it didn't work out! it was a disappointment... a lot of cons about this item... actually no pros at all in my opinion... although I don't own any MAC paints, I still don't know why they would say this product is comparable to them... it dries out really fast & if not used sparingly, you'll end up with a thick clump & creasing on your lids.... it might've been the way I applied it, however I still did not give it another shot... I was just not happy with how it felt on my lids... but that's just me...

so since I'm already there, of course I had to look around... one thing that didn't happen is that I didn't get any brushes at all... I know! that's a first right!?! on the other hand, I did get some Revlon stuff coz CVS is having a BOGO sale for this brand right now... I've been waiting for a BOGO sale since the last time I got the Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation coz I wanted to try different shades... & I've also been eyeing their cream shadows for the longest time now... so I got me these...


I got these foundations in Medium Beige & Fresh Beige again... I know I said Fresh Beige did not match my skin tone but I tried it again at the store & it seem to disappear on my skin, so it was a go... I bought them in normal/dry skin this time though (with SPF 15 instead of only 6)...

I heard that Revlon's cream shadows is great eyeshadow base... got these in Moonlit Jewels(top) & Precious Metals(bottom)...

I got the Fantasy Lengths false lashes in Flirty & Intensifying... what sold me was that they are self adhesives, it's always a plus not having to fumble with the glue... it's a bitch to get the glue off them things... another pro is that the adhesives are black, which only means you don't have to worry about it blending with your eyeliners (unless of course you wear a different eye liner color which I rarely do)... the only thing that bums me out is that they only included one pair of extra adhesives, so I'm thinking I probably still have to use glue later on when the adhesives wear out... the falsies were not included in the BOGO sale but the makeup department manager hooked me up... she rang up only one of 'em... kewlest!!! (too bad there's only 2 styles that I liked otherwise I woulda gotten more) she also hooked me up with some coupons & the shaving creams were gratis baby!! LOL!! she was hella nice! more reason why I love CVS!


1 comment:

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)