mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Sunday, March 13, 2011

NOTD: ST. PATRICK'S NAIL #1

to kinda join in on the fun of celebrating St. Patrick's this month, I'm gonna be doing nails dedicated to the color of this event - Green!! so the first one would be a very pretty nail polish that sadly, was almost forgotten....

China Glaze:
RE-FRESH MINT


PRODUCTS USED:
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat
China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint
Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

pictures in different lightings & camera settings....
it's the perfect spring color!!!

just for fun, I tried applying Sinful Colors' Green Ocean over top....
I don't like it!! it looks like boogers stuck on your nails after picking your nose.... hahaha... sorry for being too gross but that's just how it looks like... I think Green Ocean is better off with a dark colored nail polish as a base color.... 

just a random question.... how come whenever beauty/nail polish bloggers put a special design on one finger, they always put it on the ring finger??? I was just curious to know what the story is behind that.... does anybody know why???

anyhoo, while I was painting my nails, I noticed that there's another polish that I've used before that kinda looks like this shade.... then I realized Re-Fresh Mint reminds me of For Audrey... so I thought I'd compare the two polishes....
so looking at the bottles, Re-Fresh Mint looks only a tad lighter than For Audrey....

but then on my nails... after comparing them side by side, For Audrey is obviously a lot darker & more vibrant than Re-Fresh Mint....
but I love them both.... they could be sisters!! LOL (click HERE to check out my For Audrey blog entry)

I found a drugstore dupe for this lovely nail polish - Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in Mint Sorbet
I don't own this nail polish but last week when I thought about doing the St. Patrick n/p posts, I swatched all my green nail polishes on my fingers, then I went to Walgreens one day, saw Mint Sorbet & swatched it right next to Re-Fresh Mint & they were totally identical to each other... it was amazing! so just in case you are looking for the cheaper version of Re-Fresh Mint, or if you don't have access to China Glaze in your area, go for SH's Mint Sorbet... 

on the other note, I started using my HP Mini again....
here is a picture with all kinds of things on it to show how tiny it is... ain't it sooo cute???

I don't think I ever mentioned this on my blog before but the manfriend gave this to me for our 7th year anniversary (June 23rd, 2009)... I stopped using it back then because it was freezing way too much.. I was either gonna sell it on eBay or return it to Best Buy for a different laptop... but it was moved to the garage one day after cleaning out our room... so it was forgotten since then.. until I bought an eMachine one that was on sale for Black Friday in 2009... since then I've been using it for blogging & stuff... but I finally remembered the poor little HP & decided to try it out again... so that's what I used to write this blog post.... & it's doin pretty good so far! I might not need to get rid of it after all... 

I usually blog either in our room or the kitchen.... the calla lilies on our dining table looked so pretty so I thought I'd take a snapshot of my blog area today...

hope you all are having a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this nail polish color! I have Revlon Minted and it's one of my favorite (=

    I have a Samsung Mini and love it, it's perfect for Uni x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. :]

    I'm really liking RE-FRESH MINT. Such a pretty cool~ ooh and I have FOR AUDREY too, and it's gorgeous. ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)