mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Thursday, March 26, 2009

SEPHORA HAUL PT.1

it really sucks when I get bored in the morning (while Devean & Deion are still sleeping) I tend to do some crazy shit... shit that I shouldn't be doing in any circumstance... broke or not broke, jobless or jobfull(LOL!)... I went shopping crazy again - makeup shopping crazy that is... I got some stuff from Sephora.com... I was supposed to only get one thing & one thing only - I was supposed to get only the Smashbox primer.. since I like the sample that they sent me from my last order, I decided to get it in full size... I found a set they are offering with other Smashbox items, it's called - Best of Sephora Beauty Kit... now who can say no to that?? the set includes a 0.5 oz O-Glow (which I've been wanting to get for the longest time as well), a 0.5 oz Photo Finish Foundation Primer (the only thing I needed to get), a 0.134 oz Soft Lights in Tint, a 0.079 oz Eye Shadow Trio in Headshot, a 0.06 oz Cream Eye Liner Duo in Caviar and Midnight Brown, and a Brow Tech Trio in Brunette and Taupe, with Brow Wax (& the rest, which I can make use of). The set is $140 value but is on sale for $47, now again, who can say no to that?? talk about 'kill two birds with one stone', or should I say 6 birds?

they have this "free shipping for every $50 purchase" thing all the time & darnit! I was $3 shy to getting that free s&h so I thought, 'why not get another cheap item so I can avail of the free s&h?!'... I am 100% aware that this is not a very smart idea, as shipping would probably only cost me $8 at the most for standard delivery versus another $17 item... of course, it was just another excuse to convince my self to get another item... so I decided to get a UDPP (Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion), after all the hype I've heard about this eyeshadow primer, I just have to try it... most makeup addicts say it's well worth the money spent for the quality of this primer... even though I'm already satisfied with a few of my e/s primers (I have Benefit F.Y...eye, L'Oreal De-Crease base & a sample of Too Faced Shadow Insurance), I just gotta try it to put my curious mind to rest...

so I thought it would stop there... Nope!! got some more stuff... I dunno what I was thinkin... I guess I was just confident that if I didn't like some of the stuff, I can always return them(Sephora also offers free returns) like the Beauty Blender...

read all the stuff about it at Sephora (
http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=5938&searchString=beauty%20blender) or watch some reviews at Youtube like this one



this haul gave the line 'one thing lead to another' a whole new meaning... LOL... why? coz I got me some more stuff.... I got me a NARS highlighting blush in Albatross & a Nars Bronzing Blush Duo in Orgasm & Laguna...


& finally, uncertain why, I ordered another Smashbox foundation primer this time it's the Color Adjust one... I got it in green which helps get rid of redness & cover up blemishes... one more thing I wanted to try...
I also got some stuff from E.L.F. (eyeslipsface.com)... I received a 50% off coupon from them so I thought I'd take advantage of that... they have good quality brushes for a buck each, well most of their products run for a dollar... I'll just post pictures as soon as I get them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)