mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Thursday, March 19, 2009

ADOBO

menu for dinner: PORK ADOBO & STRAWBERRY MILK SHAKE

I am being forced to be domesticated since my mom & the rest of the family left for the P.I. I've been super obliged to cook, clean up, do the blah blah blah house chores that my wonderful mom has been taking charge of since we were born... OMG! while it's super hard & exhausting, it's also very enjoying knowing that at the end of the day you did good... it's an accomplishment really! no wonder my mom never gets tired of doin everything for us....

so, I cooked adobo tonight for dinner... I tried making Tita Luvy's(my friend Michelle's mom) adobo, but it was nowhere near her version... her's was bomb!! but mine was ok being that it was my first time trying it... Davi liked it, he said it was good... I thought the sour taste of the vinegar was too strong... but D said if you balance the amount of the ulam with the amount of rice, it's good... ok! if he say so... I also made a strawberry milk shake that ate Jen always makes... I really don't have their(Tita Luvy's & ate Jen) exact recipes but thanks to the very informative world wide web, I managed... it was so funny what Devean said when I had him taste the shake, "wow Mommy, you finally made it good!"... LOL... that boy is so hilarious!! like I've made it before!?! well, anyhow that's the kind of reward I like getting when I worked my butt off on something I'm a novice at...

anyways so, I'm finally catchin up on blogging again... it's been really busy lately... with my family getting ready to go back to the P.I. & me getting sick & everything... but hopefully, I can maintain a regular posting here from now on...

we dropped off Tatay, Nanay, Kuya, ate Jen & Aidann to LAX last Tuesday... we left around 8 in the morning then got there by 11 AM... we got there hella quick, it took us like 2 & a half hours only... eventhough I slept thru the whole drive I figured there was not much traffic unless my brother & Davi were just haulin ass... we had to rent a pickup truck coz we weren't going to fit in one ride... so my brother drove the rental & Davi drove our denali... we just left the rental there in LAX... we were ready to go home round 12:30 coz they didn't really have time to chill even for a bit before they had to go in... I was excited coz I thought we can go to the Camarillo outlets, stop by the Cosmetics Company Store & have a lot of time to browse thru their products... but to my disappointment, they have very little selection for MAC... I dunno for the other stuff but I only checked out the MAC & the Bobbi Brown brands (they also have Clinique, Estee Lauder & etc.)... they don't have any MAC brushes, no eyeshadows, not that many lipstick & lip glosses to choose from... & to add to my disappointment, the sales associates were not that helpful, they weren't rude or anything but they were not accommodating at all... I've read a lot of forums about the CCO's & a lot of people have talked about their bad experiences with the CCO staff, but I never thought it would be in all of the CCO stores!!?! I never thought everyone would have the same impression... I guess it's true! how sad is that?! CCOs can't hire nice people??

I was disappointed but a bit relieved, I didn't spend any money... whew!!! but I'm not givin up on the CCOs... I still have a chance at the Gilroy outlets... there's also 1 in Napa & in Vacaville... but that might be too far & might not be worth the drive if they won't have that many items... & if the staff are gonna be snotty in Gilroy when I go, then forget the CCOs altogether... I'd rather get the regular priced MAC stuff than deal with all the b.s. ... anyway, I found out that MAC cosmetics.com does not charge s&h if you purchase $60 or more... so I might just get my stuff there...

I was gonna ask D to take me to the MAC pro store in Santa Barbara again but I thought I'd be considerate enough knowing that all of us were tired especially him who drove both ways.. so like I said in my previous post, it's not the end of the world if I don't get the MAC stuff on my wishlist... there's still next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)