mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Sunday, March 22, 2009

FOUNDATION TRIAL


I was bored out of my mind so I thought I'd experiment with the new liquid foundation I'm tryin out... I have always been either a tinted moisturizer or mineral (powder)foundation kinda girl but I heard so many good things about this one drugstore liquid foundation, how it could be a dupe for MAC Studio Fix Fluid, so I thought I'd try it & share my experience with it to you guys... so here is the LOTD (Look Of The Day)... nothing special...








PRODUCTS I USED:

{ FACE }
- Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion
- Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer
- Revlon ColorStay Makeup w/ SoftFlex in 250 Fresh Beige
- Coastal Scents Silica Powder (finish)

{ CHEEKS }
- NARS Multiple Duo in Orgasm/South Beach (blush & bronzer)

{ EYES }
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance (primer)
- Ultra Shimmer 88 Eye Shadow Palette from Coastal Scents (refer to the picture below for colors used as names of shades are not indicated on the palette)
- Sally Girl in Gun Metal (highlight)
- MAC Handwritten eyeshadow (brow filler)
- L'Oreal H.I.P. Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black (upper lash line)
- Almay Eyeliner in Black (lower lash line)
- Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara (upper eyelash)
- Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mascara in Extreme Black (lower lash)

{ LIPS }
- Carmex lip balm (moisturizer)
- E.L.F. Super Glossy Lipgloss in Iced Latte

E/S shades used are highlighted with red squares


PRODUCT REVIEW:

REVLON ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex


Revlon claims:

Revlon ColorStay
- Looks and feels fresh all day
- SoftFlex provides all-day comfort
- Oil-free shine control
- Natural, flawless look
- Transfer-resistant

In my opinion:

[ PROS ]
- Very affordable!
got mine at Long's Drugs at 50% off = $6.50 + tax
- Available for Combination/Oily Skin or Normal/Dry Skin
- Has SPF
the Combination/Oily has SPF6 while the Normal/Dry Skin has SPF15
- Really lasts all day long!
- Gives good coverage without feeling cakey or heavy
I thought the coverage was good but not super good... it did cover a lot of my blemishes but not all.. but I guess it would help if I use a concealer?!?
- Consistency is not too thick
- A little product goes a long way
- Unlike mineral (powder) makeups, it is not messy
- No funky smell
- Huge shade selection
I got Fresh Beige(Combination/Oily) & Buff(Normal/Dry)... Buff was way too light... Fresh Beige is what I'm wearing in the pictures which I think is still a bit lighter than my natural shade... I might try either Golden Beige or Medium Beige

[ CONS ]
- Doesn't come with a pump which makes it harder to dispense
- It dries very quickly
because of this, it makes it so much harder to blend, so the trick is to work on one area at a time & move fast!
- Hard to wash off
this makeup certainly does what it says, it stays on your face... it's super hard to wash it off, baby wipes usually does the trick for me, but nothing is good enough with this product not even soap and water... this makeup calls for hard brutal rubbing to get it off.. while the coverage it offers is really good, it also scares me that it might do more damage to my skin since it doesn't come off completely... so I would say it's not ideal to use this makeup everyday, maybe only on special occasions...
- It looks kinda dry
so I might have to use my Caudalie Beauty Elixir (or any aqua-spritz such as the MAC Fix Plus or Evian Mineral Water Spray) which would give you that dewey - glowing look




4 comments:

  1. sis, talagang kina-karir mo na ang pagme-make up pati pagba-blog! lol! hehehe! sino kumuha sa iyo, si davi ba? hahaha! musta mga kids? db hinahanap si aidann at ang mga pipol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! instead of a video, you do blog tutorials. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow... napakaganra aba... haha... you look skinny too! hmm.. dahil ba walang taga luto sa bahay atm (at the moment) heh... kamukha ni deion ang 5th pic btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cuzin aba naman napaka byutiful naman aba,winner ang muk up at tsaka ang herangga overall impact PRETTY...(like me heheeheheh)jokeeeeeeeeeeee..

    -ate H.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)