mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Thursday, February 26, 2009

ACNE VULGARIS

I just popped the biggest zit I've ever seen in my entire life & ohmyfriggin G, a big ol white thingie... ok I'm not gonna try to be all girly here... rewind!!! a big ol pus came out!! yeah, whatever! you can say 'eeeewwww' all you want, like you haven't done that atleast once in your life... i'm pretty positive, we've all done this, mostly in private.. the only difference is I decided to share my acne-squeezing-pus experience to all the blog readers that will come across this page... I'm breaking out so bad!! I've been tryina figure out how or when it started... the only thing I can remember was that I was already starting to have a few when my cousin Maita from the P.I. ----> (pic - on the right is Maita... ain't she pretty?!) was here for a visit in June of last year... I think I just had the Papillomavirus vaccine / Gardasil shot (da wat?) around that time & the hormones in it could've triggered it... could it be that? could it be the tea that I've been drinking? could it be stress? could it be chocolate overdose? I dunno, I can't quite put my finger on it... it could be all that or it could be that I was just being lazy...

I used to really be good with skin care in the past... maybe this was because I had gone to a dermatologist, had a good facial & got some good products to use... I was committed to a good daily regimen for a while after that derma visit (which was a while back when I have only Devean... I know, another session has long been overdue... DermaSpa MD staff had called & said they've missed me... =)... ok, they didn't! but I am sooooo desperately needing to lay on one of their beds again & get a facial & shoulder massages... ooohhhh... heaven!!!)... I used to wash & tone my face twice a day, spot treat every night & exfoliate at least 2-3 times a week... I was dedicated... but I guess I lost it when I ran out of products & since my face was clear at that time, I was pretty confident I didn't need to do the whole skin care thing anymore... so I just didn't re buy another acne treatment kit... I adopted the lazy approach to skin care, which is that I wash my face whenever I feel like it... but I was wrong!! then I started to really like makeup... & you know how it is, you wouldn't learn everything about anything overnight, it's a process... I kept buying brushes, using them & not knowing that I have to wash them on a regular basis... I didn't start washing my brushes until after a while, I know it was common sense but I got too excited to experiment & learn new stuff that I didn't worry about anything else... so imagine all the bacteria that my brushes accumulated over time, I was applying makeup AND bacteria on my face!!!!! mega exclamation points!!! yikes! so it could be that too... but now that I know better to wash or at least spot clean my brushes often, I wonder why I still break out!!?!?

in my desperation to find the culprit to my acne problem, I tried a lot of things... I stopped drinking tea, I had cut back on my chocolate intake, I didn't get stressed out (yes! I can control that..... i wish!).. tried all kinds of products less expensive than Glytone too... but nothin worked... I can't blame it on the Gardasil shot anymore as my 3rd & last one was back in October... what I haven't tried is not to be lazy & be consistent... so I guess this is a challenge, from now on I'm gonna try & get back to a regular skin care routine (twice-daily, exfoliate, spot treat - the whole shabang!).. this will be an experiment for a whole week, then I will post the end result next week or in a couple of weeks...

also another sign that I should start taking good care of my skin is that I
found my exfoliating mask - my Sothys Peeling-Creme/Gommage exfoliant... I've never seen/used this in a loooong time, maybe coz I wasn't really looking for it... but lemme tell you, this stuff is amazing!! after removing your makeup, you put a thin layer on your well-dried off face, then leave it on for about a minute (like mask), when it's almost dry, rub it off in circular motion... you can tell that the product peeled dead skin cells off your face as it becomes really soft & smooth... I got this with the Glytone kit from the derma place & even though it's a little bit old, I'm still gonna use it, coz I bought this shit for about 30 freakin bucks!! I'm only probably halfway of the tube & it doesn't have an expiration date so I think it'll be safe to still use it...

I really don't understand the whole deal with acne, I think they have their own mind... they decide when they wanna pop out, when they wanna leave, who they want to infest... (they must be really liking me right now, coz it's really bad!) ... sometimes if they really like you, they torture you by poppin out at the right time, yes they have very good timing!! they pop out at special occasions on the perfect spot - a big ol zit on your forehead (right in the middle to spite you more) when you have a wedding to go to; on your cheek (with pus) when you have to go clubbin with friends; on your nose (hella big & red) when you have to go to a party & see a lot of people you haven't seen in a while; on your chin ('twin zits' - small but there's another one right next to the other so it still looks big) on your friggin birthday!! these are not personal experiences but only to prove that acne/zits/break outs/pimples/tigyawat/tagihawat are our biggest enemy....

to go totally OT here, on my KINDERGARTERRRR post on 2/18, I mentioned that I bought a jumbo 3 barrel waver... well, I was tryin it out the other day & realized that it's hard to do it on short hair & boy was it very time consuming!! or at least it was on my first try... you gotta cut me some slack coz this is my first time using this tool ok?! also I didn't know I ran out of hair spray so I just used a curl definer spray, I know hair spray gives a different effect... oh & yeah, I didn't know what to do with the bangs... freakin amateur! so be very considerate with the criticism please! I probably won't do it again until my hair is long enough... here is what it looked like.....

1 comment:

  1. ikaw lang ba gumawa on ur own? i can't make mine hanggang sa bandang roots... GOOD LUCK sa paso, rami kong paso hahaha! all in the name of beauty/vanity/vainness whatever! and leave the bangs alone... lalo't short pa...

    i'm on a mission to buy the biggest barrel, nakakita ako nung last time kong magshopping but i din buy it, d kc pumayag sa presyo ko [na sobrang baba, sabi nung tindera, "hingin mo n lang kaya?" hahahaha] kala ko kc hahabulin ako, ay dedma! napahiya na pati akong balikan, kainis!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)