mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Friday, April 22, 2011

GRAFTOBIAN PALETTE

as most of you already know, I started doing freelance makeup just recently... & so far business is lookin really good =), so I thought I might as well start investing on products that are essential in a makeup artist's kit... so my first ever makeup artist item buy is the Graftobian Hi-Def Glamour Creme Super Palette in Warm... 

I bought mine from eBay... but just in case my pictures look crappy, here is what the palette looks like on the Camera Ready Cosmetics website....

here is what mine looks like...
it came in this outer cardboard packaging...

this is how it looks after takin it out of the box...

the backside, showing the stock numbers of each shade & the ingredients...

the inside... with the 18 shades & a decent sized mirror perfect for when your applying your own foundation...

here are all the 18 colors up close...

I bought this palette from eBay for $69.99 with free shipping, which would've been the same if I bought it from CameraReadyCosmetics.com who offers free shipping on orders of $60 or more, but I got it when eBay was having a discount of 10% on any health & beauty, fashion, etc. related purchases, so $7 was taken off then another $0.05 from my eBay Bucks... so I ended up paying only $62.94... I'm a sucker for discounts & free shipping offers so YAY for me!! LOL

when I opened the palette, I noticed that there are parts that had discolored blots on top of them (a what?!?! LOL)
you can even see that some of the cream product transferred on the mirror...

I got so disappointed, I thought "damn! eBay got me again with a defective/fake item" but when I looked at the CRC website, I found out that this is actually normal, they called it 'sweat'

"All of the cream foundation and correctors sweat, you will at times see beads of moisture on the surface of the product. This does not affect the product at all." see HERE

so I was relieved when I saw that... whew!!!

I haven't even tried this palette but I'm already in love with it... 

the reviews I've seen are so promising & Graftobian is a brand really trusted by a lot of makeup artists so I know I won't be disappointed...

the best thing I love about this is that it is refillable.. the stock numbers for each shade are shown on the back of the packaging... available in case you wanna reorder certain shades.... 

each shade with the same exact names & stock numbers are also said to be available in their Airbrush makeup... which I am so thrilled about because if this freelancing thing would really work out, I know I would wanna try out airbrushing eventually (especially with bridal services) ***crossing fingers**

with my recent makeup gigs, I realized that one of the most challenging parts of doing makeup on other people is matching the foundation shade to their skin tone, especially when you haven't met the client... so I've just been buying different shades of liquid foundation, & good thing I've been lucky in picking the right ones... I've had a couple of my clients ask what foundation I've used on them so they can buy it, as they liked how good it matched their color.... & I don't mind buying liquid foundation especially the brands that I can already rely on, but they just take too much space in my kit... so that is one big reason why I decided to finally get this palette.... 

this way I don't have to do as many trials just because I wanna make sure the foundation will match before we even do it at the actual events... I know this is major noviceness!! LOL but now, knowing that I am armed with the perfect weapon, I can confidently go to my gigs & attaaaaack!!! hahaha...

--------------- disclaimer ---------------
I am in no way affiliated to Graftobian nor Camera Ready Cosmetics,
I was not paid to feature or review this product... 
so attention: Graftobian or Camera Ready Cosmetics, please do sponsor me!!!!! 
LOL... j/p!!! 
yes, I paid for this item with my own money...

4 comments:

  1. So cute! It will definitely come in handy when applying other people's makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is the perfect palette for makeup artists! are you thinking of getting a cool palette as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome, I'm jealous! Do let us know how they work!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, nice palette! And congrats on starting freelance! I hope to do that too once I get my certification. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)