mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

CHRISTMAS NAIL COLOR: STILETTO RED


I am loooovin the Rimmel nail polish!!!! I mean look at how vibrant that red is!! but it's not just that, I love the finish of this nail polish, it goes on really really smooth... as in 100% streak free... I just love it!!

PRODUCTS USED:
Nail Magic Nail Hardener (base coat)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - STILETTO RED (3 coats)
Revlon No Chip top coat
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Starry, Starry Flight (2 coats on tips)
Seche Vite Dry Fast top coat

I probably should have left it alone but just to give it a little spark for the spirit of the Holidays, I tried doin a little nail art... I mean I reeeaaally tried!! haha... you'll see what I'm talkin about...

here is a picture of one thin coat of SH Starry, Starry Flight on the tips...

then after 3 coats of the glitter polish...


I tried to make it look like snow icicle....

but you're the judge whether I'm successful with this attempt or not... 

personally, I thought I did alright at my first attempt to nail art... =)

8 comments:

  1. I think you did a good job! Love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really should consider Rimmel next time. Do you think it's better than Ice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it looks lovely! what a beautiful red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the nails! I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so pretty! Love it

    Zoe x
    http://prettydiamondsolitaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm loving your nails!! i usually don't paint myself red but have been doing it recently year

    i live in Los Angeles! ooh if I would of known you live in SB would of totally wanted to meet up :) I got the cotton candy and basil martini at this bar called Blush in downtown SB on state st :) it's so yummy i want more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your nails too !!it's SO BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)