mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

COLORSTAY RETRIAL

if you have been following my blog from the very beginning, you would know that Revlon Colorstay foundation is one of the first liquid foundations I tried since I started venturing the world of liquid foundations... & you probably would notice that after I tried it back in March of 09, I hardly ever picked it up from my stash again... see picture below to see why....

eeek!! right?!? I forgot why I stopped using it... I dunno if the shade I got was wrong... or how it looks on pictures turned me off... I don't think I gave it a second chance after that.... so I ended up returning it....

but then when I started doing makeup on clients, somehow I decided to give it another shot... I bought the shade Rich Tan for Michelle, my first client


 & ended up likin the finish & how it looks, atleast on my clients... 

so I bought another shade for the wedding I did in May... 
Kamille for the bridal makeup trial wearing the shade Fresh Beige

and here on their wedding day

it worked out really good but for some reason I just wasn't crazy about it for my self....

so when I saw it in my drawer this morning, I said hmmmmm...

just a simple everyday look to test out the ColorStay foundation again...

PRODUCTS USED:
-FACE-
Rimmel Fix & Perfect foundation primer - 001
Revlon ColorStay makeup - Fresh Beige
Sonia Kashuk concealer palette - Hidden Agenda
MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural - Medium
NYC bronzing powder - Sunny
MAC bronzing powder - Refined Golden
Milani blush - Mai-Tai
-EYES-
Sally Girl baked eyeshadow - 388121 (just on the middle of the eyelids)
Rimmel Soft Kohl kajal e/l pencil - Jet Black
Maybelline The Falsies mascara - Very Black
Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara - Black (bottom lashes)
Wet n Wild Ultimate brow kit - Ash Brown
-LIPS-
Neutrogena MoistureShine lip soother - Shimmer
YSL Rouge Volupte l/s - #2 Sensual Silk
Revlon l/g - Coral Reef

[pictures taken with Canon SLR - indoors]


[pictures taken with a Kodak point & shoot cam - outdoor lighting] 


although it wasn't as bad as the first picture, I'm still not crazy about it... doesn't it still look a little too white on my face?? or it might just be the SPF in it that's creating a white cast in pictures... I might give it another try, but at the moment, I know I won't be reaching for this foundation bottle...


1 comment:

  1. So weird about this foundation. I think you look better in other foundations.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)