mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Sunday, February 28, 2010

FEB FAVES


here are my favorites for the month of February
these are the items I used most of the time.. this month is all about neutrals... although I did go to a wedding reception of a friend on the 20th where I did a blue smokey eye look.. but other than that, my running-errand look is very natural...

(from top left to top right)
Revlon Age Defying Makeup & Concealer Compact in EARLY TAN
I only use the concealer part of it... it does a very good job in hiding imperfections... you name it, redness, zits, dark spots... I originally bought this compact for contouring purposes.. since the shade of the makeup is darker than my complection, I thought I could use it to contour my nose & my cheeks.. when I tried it, it was a little too light for a contouring shade... so I just tried the concealer & thank G, it actually turned out to be a good product, otherwise I just wasted my money again

IMJU Fiberwig
I'm not that happy about this product... don't get me wrong, it does what it says it was gonna do, which is to lengthen your eyelashes, but it doesn't give it volume... so I decided to use it with the next favorite item

Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Mascara
I love this with or without any other mascaras... it lengthens & separates your lashes without clumping but like the Fiberwig, it doesn't give my lashes that much volume.. so what do I do?? use them together... & together, big long lashes!!!

Maybelline NY Color Sensational Lipstick in PINK PLEASE
looooove this lipstick.. color, creamy consistency, smell, packaging... everything... see the picture below for the swatch.. eventhough this picture didn't do it justice, it still looks yummy right?!
 

e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Balm in STRAWBERRY CREME
now this is a really good conditioning gloss... it really heals my lips.. I would just put it on before I go to bed at night & my chapped lips would be healed the next morning... I also have it in Vanilla Creme, but I find this other one too thick & it makes my lips too greasy feeling... for a dollar?? it's win win!

(from bottom right to bottom left)
e.l.f. Brow Kit in DARK
this is my fave brow kit ever... it is the perfect shade for my brow hair color, it makes it look really natural... I love the gel like feel formula that makes it so easy to apply.. I have no doubt that this is the first product I would hit pan with...

N.Y.C. Cheek Glow in CENTRAL PARK PINK
perfect for everyday sheer tint on the cheeks... it gives my face that very natural glow...

MAC Eye Shadow in MINK & SABLE
I find my self reaching for this e/s a lot... I just love the effect it gives my eyes... it gives it a little lift too...

MAC Powder Blush in BLUNT
my new go-to contour powder... I actually got this on accident.. I was actually thinkin about EMOTE blush when I got this at the CCO... I got home & looked at my list & found out I got the wrong one... I was all disappointed when I swatched it, coz at first it looked kinda reddish... but I gave it another shot & luckily, I ended up likin it... with a very light hand, you can achieve the perfect contour shade on your cheeks, even on the 'double chin'.. LOL

I forgot to include the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in MEDIUM... I've been using this & only this lately... just for a light coverage, especially that my face is at its worst during winter time, I just feel like I have to let my skin breathe a little... & I do think it's helping coz the breakouts are kinda clearing up...   


so, these are mine... what are yours??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)