mOi

My photo
Hello fellow makeup junkies!! Welcome to my blog - A Daily Dose of Kaartehan (kaartehan = vanity)... This is my tiny slice of the world wide web where I celebrate being a girl & also where I store my boo-hoos & blah-blahs... I am a mother of 2 awesome boys who loves makeup & anything pretty... I am a certified MUA not MakeUp Artist, but a certified MakeUp Addict... If you are looking for a good read, hence the title of this blog, you are in the wrong place... So get out!! LOL... otherwise, thanks for droppin by & I hope you enjoy my blog!

feLLoW jUnKieS

Thursday, August 6, 2009

LOOT: TOOLS

did you know that 'loot' spelled backwards is 'tool'?? & did you know that words that are spelled the same when spelled backwards are called 'PALINDROMES'??? hahaha... connection please!?!?! hahaha... I know I'm a dork!!

hmmm... I just had an idea, I should do a segment called "DID YOU KNOW?"... that would be fun!! LOL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when I'm bored at home & doesn't have much money to spend, what do I do? I go out & hit the drugstores, buy some more makeup shit when I should just spend the little money I got on a set of handcuffs (or even better a tranquilizer).... so when I get the itch to buy stuff I can just cuff my self to a post & swallow the key... LOL...

so yeee, I did my rounds at Target & Wal-Mart this time and here are the stuff that I got... thank G, I didn't really see a lotta stuff...


StudioTools CONTOUR BRUSH & ANGLED LINER BRUSH.. I love this line of brushes from Target, they're cheap yet quality brushes... both of these brushes are probably only less than 5 bucks...

Sonia Kashuk's BLENDING SPONGE & BENT LINER BRUSH
I got this coz I heard it makes precise line on the lash line... okay, I'm lyin!! I got it coz it looks cool!! I mean a bent brush?! hell yeah!! the question is, will I be able to work this brush?? hahaha... I guess we'll see...
most of you know that I already have the Beauty Blender sponges from Sephora from a while back... I've been using it with liquid foundations & I haven't had any problems with it, in fact, I love it! the only thing that irritates me is the cleaning part, now as most of you Revlon-ColorStay-wearers know, that particular foundation really "colorstays", yes even on the sponge... so I decided I would use the more expensive blender sponge for foundations that don't stick & buy a dupe for the ones that gets the sponge discolored... this one is like $10-20 cheaper than the sponge from Sephora...
I also got the Dr. Bronner's PURE-CASTILLE SOAP coz I am running low on my blendercleanser... I heard this is a good cleanser not only for the sponge but for brushes as well... it is also a 18-in-1 cleanser... I have yet to figure out the other 17 purposes of this cleanser but I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out eventually...
since I needed a good sunblock for the summer time, I got the Aveeno SUNBLOCK LOTION... SPF 55 should be purrdy good...

and finally the Revlon CONTOUR BRUSH, which I got from Wal-Mart... this probably cost me less than 3 bucks... the essence of BEAUTY POWDER BRUSH was from CVS... I bought this a few days earlier, it went on sale for less than $5 [I think] so I grabbed it to add to my cheek contour brush collection...
and that's it for this loot folks!! 'til next beezehhs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments... so please, type away! =)